Adding a New DQMH Module
A DQMH module represents a task the application can perform, such as acquiring data or logging data, in parallel with other tasks. Each DQMH module can be divided into sub-tasks that correspond to states. The DQMH also responds to requests that other VIs can make in order to ask it to perform certain actions. It can also broadcast information to any VI that is registered to receive its broadcasts.
To create a new module:
- Videos demonstrating the following steps and other examples are available at: bit.ly/DelacorQMH
- Go to Tools>Delacor>DQMH>Module>Add New DQMH Module…
- Provide a Module Name in the Add New DQMH Module dialog. This will be the name of the DQMH Module library.
- Provide a Module Save Path. By default, if this project was created using the DQMH project template, the module will be saved under the Libraries\<Module Name> subfolder next to the .lvproj file on disk. A different path can be specified.
- Select the Module Type, either Singleton or Cloneable. A Singleton module only ever exists as a single instance. A Cloneable module can have one or multiple reentrant instances running simultaneously. See Adding a new DQMH Module from a Custom Template section for steps to add your own module types.
- Specify whether or not you want to Include “Do Something” events in new module? If you are already familiar with creating DQMH modules, you can deselect this option, which will create a DQMH module with the minimum required set of events.
- Optionally, click the Edit Overlay button. This overlay will be used by the new DQMH Module library and its VIs. This overlay can be later changed by right-clicking on the Module Library and selecting Properties>General Settings>Edit Icon.
- Click OK to create the new DQMH Module. The new module .lvlib and Tester VI will be selected in the project explorer window after the new module is created.